Gallon Bag 2-Pack
Let’s save some plastic bags. The reusable gallon bag is big enough to store a slice of leftover pizza–without wasting a bag–but it’s also an incredibly useful kitchen tool, fit for marinating foods, portioning proteins, and turning your fridge into a storehouse stacked with time-saving pre-washed greens, blanched broccoli, cut squash. Like other (re)zips, the gallon is made from 100% food-grade, BPA-free, lead-free PEVA, which is lightweight and tough enough to hold up for hundreds of uses both in the kitchen and out. (For example, we always take them shopping.) No wonder (re)zip earned top choice in Cook’s Illustrated reusable bag tests.
Why they’re good
- Made from 100% lightweight, food-safe PEVA
- BPA-free, lead-free, and phthalate-free
- Designed to replace hundreds of single-use storage and freezer bags
- Waterproof, leakproof, and airtight, keeping food fresh without leaks or spills
- Easy to see what’s inside
- Lightweight yet tough enough to keep belongings safe and dry while hiking, biking, or on the beach
What fits inside
- A large slice of leftover pizza
- One head of blanched broccoli florets
- A diced butternut squash
- Stew or soup
- The rest of the ground beef
- Frozen food scraps and bones, for making stock
- A batch of chilling pie dough
- Prewashed salad greens for quick dinner prep
- Sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen, a novel
- Travel-size hotel kit; shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, brush
- Baby gear essentials du jour: baby wipes, diapers, lotion, board book
- Pet treats, clean-up bags, medicine, squeaky toy
- Frozen sliced bananas, a quart of frozen berries
Use and Care
Handwash: Add a drop of dish soap with water to your (re)zip. Seal it up and shake it around. It’s sort of fun. Wash and rinse bag and seal thoroughly.
Dishwasher: Prop open (re)zips on the top rack. Wash on a standard setting. Note: do not use high heat settings.
Dry: Dry open on a rack, or wipe with a clean kitchen towel.
Seal care: Periodically wipe closure grooves with a bit of vegetable oil to keep them closing smoothly.
(re)zip bags are not intended for use in the microwave, sous vide, or in high heat. Please make sure all hot foods have cooled before storing them in your (re)zips.
Dimensions & More Info